Oasis Association
Live Lightly 
How to recycle 
What you can recycle 
Business collections 
Mondi Packaging
Our thanks to Mondi Packaging for sponsoring the printing of our 2009 annual review and for giving our recycling trucks a brand new look!

Claremont Recycling
Entrance: Lansdowne Rd
Depot drop off
operating hours:
Mon to Fri: 8 am - 3.45 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 1.45 pm

How you can help
There are many ways you can help Oasis.

Paper, Cardboard, Books, Magazines, Glass, Cans, Plastic, etc
More info...

 For over 20 years, Oasis Recycling is providing recycling Solutions for over 400 business in the Cape Metro, the project has a bustling drop-off centre in Claremont offering domestic recycling service. The aim of the project is to create employment for youth and adults with intellectual disability as well as care for our environment. 

It’s estimated that Cape Town residents produce over 6000 tons of waste PER DAY! In other words, each person (and there are approximately 3,497,097 people in the greater Cape Town area) produces over 1.72 kilograms of waste per day!  And even more frightening,  waste generation in Cape Town grows at approximately 7 % a YEAR!  Small wonder that we are fast running out of landfill…..   

According to an Environmental Affairs and Tourism media statement issued in 2007, South Africa has set a national target of reducing the amount of waste going to landfills by 70% by 2022, and to minimise and treat the remaining 30%.  So hopefully we won’t be drowning in the sea of waste humanity has created.

Oasis Association addresses two of the international 'three R' (Reduce, Re-use, Recycle) approaches towards waste minimisation.  In other words, we focus on re-using (thanks to our shops) and recycling. 

Recycling is something EVERYONE can get involved in.  Simply adopting a recycling approach means that no matter what your financial position, you can make a contribution towards living lightly on our planet. 

The Oasis Recycling Project takes an integrated approach to waste management and deals with waste in several different ways with the aim of reducing the amount of waste that ends up in landfills.  Recycling also reduces the need for new raw materials, and so helps prevent environmentally harmful processes like mining, power generation and water exploitation.  The bottom line is that reducing waste means less pollution, less raw materials AND a financial saving!

Oasis Association appointed an actuary (who volunteered her services) to analyze our recycling operations..  We were delighted to confirm that we processed over 180 tons of recyclable waste a month.!  This means that we saved the City of Cape Town approximately 18 339 cubic metres of landfill. 


Visitors: 60,722

Coffee Corner
Coffee and Sandwhich
Enjoy filter coffee, tea or a cooldrink and a sandwich in our coffee shop or tea garden.
© 2017 Oasis Association
Terms & Conditions